A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Fracture Weight
Posted: 05 March 2019 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2016-12-05

Hello,
Is there a way to move where the weight is on a MoGraph Fracture object?
I have a logo that is an extruded ai spline. It has several individual pieces and I turned it into a MoGraph object by putting all the extruded parts under a MoGraph Fracture.
Using the sound effector, I’m creating an equalizer effect in the animation. Everything is working fine except I want the weight of my fracture object to be at the bottom of the logo pieces. It is now in the center of all the logo pieces. I have the axis or anchor of each piece at the bottom though the weight still shows in the center. So when using the sound effector they are animating from the center. I want them to animate from the bottom upward like an equalizer but not sure how I can move the weight.
Hope I explained this alright.

Thanks!
Johnny

Posted: 05 March 2019 03:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Johnny Adim,

Can you share a simplified scene file? Or should I set up a private-upload link?

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 05 March 2019 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2016-12-05

Hi Dr.Sassi,
I can crate a simplified scene file. I will try and create it this afternoon.

Thank you

Posted: 05 March 2019 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Johnny Adim,

I will set up an upload link, and keep the file private.
Check your Private Message here.
The simplified request is a) to keep your file out of the public and b) to really see the problem without any 3rd party, etc., stuff

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 05 March 2019 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the file, Johnny Adim.

I have sent you a download link with your scene.

What I did, was to apply a Null as Parent to each of the objects, which seems to be the fastest way.

I have adjusted the Sound Effector a little bit, so the elements scale to the sound and each will scale now differently, but purely based on music. I hope that my assumption was correct to disable the Random Effector here.

As a side note: The concept to have weight flowing inside of a set up is not really the primary way to organize things since R20 anymore. The favorite idea is now to set up a scene with fields and layer information like in Photoshop.

If I miss your target here, please let me know. I’m happy to look into it. Now that I have seen your scene, I have a better idea about it.

My best wishes for the project

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 05 March 2019 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2016-12-05

Thanks Dr.Sassi!
Yes, you’re on target. A null for each, fixed this and the sound effector adjustment you did is what I was using the random effector for so will check out the way you did this as well.
I also will have to view some tutorials on how to set up a scene with fields and layers to animate the right way in R20.

Thanks again,
Johnny

Posted: 05 March 2019 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, Johnny, thanks for the nice feedback.

I liked the weight workflow, but it was kind of complicated to keep an eye on, as there was no way to see what each Effector took or gave, etc.

In a Nutshell, the Plain Effector might be the most used Effector currently [R20], as this one provides a relatively neutral playground for all the Fields. Fields are then layered in the Falloff field, and with the options of ‘Blend-modes’ and folders, things are kind of more obvious than the flow of weight.

The beauty of Fields is in their ‘multi-use-ability’ to be able to be dragged into many placed without adding copies into the Object Manager, dragging for example into the Selection Tag.

Anyway, please have a look here to get more about the options:
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/demystifying_cinema_4d_fields/demystifying_cinema_4d_fields_introduction

Let me know if there is anything else.

Enjoy.

Signature 

NEW: