A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

ARKit 3D models
Posted: 24 November 2018 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2012-03-02

Hi,

I did some product modeling and also requested for ARKit. I saw some AR products in some sites, the products rotatable with cursor and can see all sides.

No idea how it works with C4D…, can I do AR in C4D.

Thanks,
Imran.

Posted: 24 November 2018 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Imran,

The ARKit is an developing platform where you can import Cinema 4D models preferably in Collada or Alembic. To my knowledge a good UV information should be created from the start. The engine for the ARKit is based on Metal (CPU).

Augmented Reality needs a camera and a “Gyro” to combine the reality (taken with the device’s camera and the model loaded into the application. Since a practical camera is needed, Cinema 4D has no option to create the full experience, it functions here as a providing app for the models. Any camera based footage in C4D would have the need to be tracked and then a model can be rendered into that footage. In other words, the interactivity expected from Augmented Reality is not given.

Perhaps google: “Importing 3D Models for ARKit” perhaps add “Cinema 4D” to the search (keep the ” ” !) to get some more detailed information.

Enjoy creating your app!

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 November 2018 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2012-03-02

Thanks Dr. Sassi for detail reply.

I also did google and saw it needs some language codes, I think its a kind of developer job who knows this ARKit…!

Is there any polygon restriction also or high-poly model can be used….?

Thanks.

Posted: 25 November 2018 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Yes, Imran, the kit is the base for application development.

The polygon amount should be as low as possible, to allow for a good speed. After all, this is all for real time. To just trow any model in it might be not advisable.

I haven’t tried it, but I think there was an option with Adobe’s Acrobat PDF, if you are looking to share content with clients, without giving the original model away.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 25 November 2018 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2012-03-02

Thanks for the detailed reply, appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Imran.

Posted: 25 November 2018 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, Imran.

There are certainly more options to do that, but it all depends on the Plattform/Framework that you will use.

In the ‘old” days” that was QuickTimeVR Object, but the last time it was offered was in R18, or VRML. I have the feeling that Game Engine related tech will be a huge base for this, or anything that social media is currently exploring will replace those. FB has its own department to explore such options:
https://research.fb.com/research-areas/

What I miss currently is a new standard for such, But I continue to try to connect peers.

For now, my best wishes exploring that area, it has certainly a huge potential.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW: