A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

does the team render server do any rendering?
Posted: 06 September 2018 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2017-01-05

i am setting up team render.  should i put a client on the server machine if i want the server machine to process as well?

Posted: 06 September 2018 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi SethO,

https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cinema_4d_team_render/cinema_4d_team_render_part_08

I don’t have a team renderer set up here. So, take it with a grain of salt. The last time I had one set up the Server was on the main machine.

Yes, it is kind of blurry in the manual, but the main hint in the manual is in the interface of the server, it tells local machine.

The manual tells me:

Team Render Server
General
The Team Render Server is similar to the previous NET Render (which was available through Cinema 4D R14).
A remote web interface is used to set up render jobs (Projects to be rendered) and upload them to the Team Render Server. The Team Render Server will then distribute these render jobs to the render clients, collect the results as they are finished and will make them available for download.
The Team Render Server gives you feedback regarding the status of current renders (e.g., error messages, progress, etc.).
Various users can be set up that have permission to upload render jobs. Users can change the priority of their own jobs and users with admin rights can change the priority of all render jobs.

So, no mentioning of rendering there, but since the app size of equal (Server/Client), I think it should work.

Sorry, I hate guess work, and I wish I could provide something more precise.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]