A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

correction in animation video
Posted: 23 May 2018 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2018-01-24

Hello,

I made an animation video. Now a certain object in this animation must be replaced with a new object. Is this easy to do or do I need to rebuild the animation?

Posted: 23 May 2018 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Arjan Gelderblom,

This is a general question, which can’t really be answered without seeing anything.

The main questions would be:

Is that object visible in reflections?
Would the new object cover the old one, including any shadow
Is the old object part of any motion blur mix, which might be not covered just by the new one.
Is the old object the whole time in the frame, (e.g., replacing only parts of it.)
If GI was used, has that object influence to other objects, if so, is the new object similar (i.e., color) as secondary light source?
Has the new object a need to be in any collaboration with other objects, refractions, reflections, GI?

Typically, if one question leads to an answer that the old one would show up somehow, then a complete new rendering might be needed.

Again, a very general question.

If replaced, an Alpha channel or Buffer would be needed. If color correction is done in post, a Straight Alpha is a must.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 23 May 2018 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2018-01-24

I trie to upload the video i made but I do not get it uploaded

Posted: 23 May 2018 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Arjan Gelderblom, perhaps the file is too large?

YouTube can be used for example, even without publishing it publicly: just use the provided URL and send it privately (if you wish)

If the file is not too large, I’m happy to provide an upload link.

Other than that, two images (frames) old and new might help to give you more input.

As a side note: if the object that needs to be replaced is not large and stays relatively local, perhaps a render Region framing could do the trick?

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]