A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Expired Serial
Posted: 29 July 2017 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-12-02

Hello,

Just purchased Cinema 4D in may and have been having a blast! Over July I moved across the country and haven’t opened C4D until now. For some reason it is telling me my serial number has expired. I looked over my invoices and I didn’t purchase a short term license but when I re-enter my serial it doesn’t work. I can’t be 100% about if I registered my serial with Maxon, (I can’t think of why I wouldn’t) could this be the issue? If so how can I get a new serial? I contacted both Maxon and Resolve (the company I used to purchase the program) but it’s the weekend and I wont get a response until Monday at the earliest. Kinda freaking out because this program is very expensive haha. Anyone have a similar issue?

Thanks,

-Brendan

Posted: 29 July 2017 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Brendan,

Cineversity isn’t the place to get this done. Sorry, that needs to be done with MAXON.

You need to contact your sales rep to get your final serial, or just register.

The serial number you got with the software is a temporarily serial, as it is not connected to you. In the moment your register, the final serial number will be issued and send to you. This serial number then has no time limitation if you bought a full license. This number needs to be kept secure, as any misuse with the number is your responsibility.

The manual states:

https://help.maxon.net/us/#5741

Personalize…

This opens the Registration dialog so you can enter the final serial number of Cinema 4D and/or BodyPaint 3D. You will receive your final serial number(s) once you have registered your purchase with MAXON Computer or your local MAXON distributor. You can register by completing the registration card that was included with your MAXON software, or you can register online at register.maxon.net.

Perhaps that explains your problems last December with the Octane-Installation as well, does Octane require a C4D-serial? Well, this is a wild guess on my side.

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]