A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Selling 3D models on Turbo Squid
Posted: 30 August 2016 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2013-02-13

I’m registered to turbosquid.com, and would like to start selling my 3D objects.
My main theme is futurizing everything, objects that are not originally futuristic. Made all look like tech items and structures just like cars, camera tripods and computers. That’s how I design all buildings and objects.
How much would be good to sell them for?
Is there things I can improve on these?
-I like not using too many textures, but keeping it great detail. Tech objects kind of are like that too.
So far I’ve got a few objects: fence and gate, flower bed, pot, and some furniture.

File Attachments
3D objects.zip  (File Size: 838KB - Downloads: 94)

Posted: 30 August 2016 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jamestown,

Perhaps not really the question this forum was created for. As you ask about details for your business model and not at all about anything related to Cinema 4D directly. It has also a little bit of a hint of an advertisement - which is not really wanted here.

Let me put it that way, purely theoretical:

The price is certainly based on what you personally need to stay in business and how much you constantly can produce. How much the distributor takes as well from the income …
Your competition has certainly an idea about all of that, check them out. (Ask your self, can you build it for that money, would you can sustain your business against others?)

Place all numbers in a row, whatever you touch during the production needs to be paid, including 401K, health insurance, tax consultant, computer/software, etc, often people forgot many little things. Little as in copyright for your objects, textures etc, in both directions, getting and taking, for example.

All of that, and more, will give you a direction. Which is from my side not a professional advice nor any suggestion you should rely on, what ever I write here. As this is not a business forum.

To ask here without anyone knows how your constant quality will be, your support and your willingness to refund and advice to users, etc will determine your long time value = price.

Just start and test things out. :o) You have asked over the last three years many times here about similar things. I take that as a sign that most of it is really what drives you! So, I’m not certain what else to say other than to encourage you: Just put your models up and if they don’t sell, lower the price. Allow for some time! If they sell well, leave the price and add a little bit to the price-point with newer objects; Just a thought.

What people are willing to pay depends, from my point of view certainly, on several points: How desperately they need a specific model, how much variety is offered already, and last but not least the provided quality.
If you create an integral style among all models, people might see how much they are able to add other parts later on—this might stabilize your business, the idea of collecting. Allow them to imagine that over time they get a library that works together, instead of single un related pieces.

My best wishes for your next step.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 31 August 2016 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2013-02-13

I didn’t know turbo squid actually had forums, which is most suitable.  I’ve got all the advice I need over the 3 years now from here which was very helpful.  I’m set.  Now I’m on the turbo squid forums which is much more appropriate for this topic.

Posted: 31 August 2016 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Great! Thanks for the feedback, Jamestown.

I hope you get all you wish and hopefully more.

All the best

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 05 September 2016 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2013-02-13

Just one more thing I ened to know:
It says “Product Specifications” and asking for the vertices.  I can count the polygons, but how do I get the vertices? What does that refer to?

As for me asking similar questions over the years. You may need to be sassy so I can pick up on things quickly. It’ll be cool to hear some sassy talk in the tutorials too if you’re making new ones.

Posted: 05 September 2016 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jamestown,

Select the object you need information for and the go to the

Object Manager> Object> Object Information [or Project Information]

The points for an object are all available in Structure Manager, while the specific object is selected.

As a side note, you might use as well, while the object in question is selected, the

Attribute manger> Mode> Modeling> Mesh Checking [note the checkbox]. It might provide you with valuable information about your work.

==

You ask about new tutorials, if you need something, please post your needs in the “Tutorial Suggestions” forum. There are some great people in the team who will sort things out. When I will do tutorials again is not clear, as I’m in the pre-production of my feature film, and I will certainly discuss and share anything related to Cinema 4D. It will be certainly a lot to share, as some scenes will heavily depend on it, as well as also pre-viz, etc. It will be my first feature in (6K capture) and delivery in 4K all the way, a reason why I mentioned so often UHD and other related stuff. We will see how that works out and what will happen in a few years. For the time being, I’m happy to be just here in the forum. So far I can see, there is a lot of great work constantly published. So, please feel free to suggest what you need.

My best wishes

Signature 

NEW: