A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Tracer Object with Hair rendering not rendering [Tracer Progress]
Posted: 05 August 2016 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-12

Hey guys!
My first post here, sorry if I’m doing it correctly but wanted to share a work around I found with the Tracer Object and using a Hair shader on it.
Tried to use the tracer object with a hair shader to get a quick render result and was unable to get what was rendering in the viewport to render in the picture viewer without rendering the entire sequence.
Found that the work around was to add a cloth tag to the tracer object with the hair shader and it shows a 1:1 render!
Hope this helps someone save some time in the future and maybe Maxon can change the way this works.
Here is the file I’m referring to.

Posted: 05 August 2016 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi bhoneck,

Thanks for your efforts. Since the file is not in your post (did you zip it, perhaps you need an upload link?), I can only ask: what is the reason for the problem in the first place?

How did you solo it, if I got your problem correct, and I’m not sure I got it BTW.

Please check out the file and let me know if the material shows up.

All the best

File Attachments
CV2_r17_drs_16_HAma_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 41KB - Downloads: 88)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 05 August 2016 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-12-12

Sorry didnt zip the file here it is. I used the tracer in a bit of a different way.  the issue is that without the cloth tag this tracer does not render on my machine.  using a cloner to generate the splines.

File Attachments
Protect test faces 7.c4d.zip  (File Size: 445KB - Downloads: 82)

Posted: 05 August 2016 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the file, bhoneck

Certainly an interesting finding. Which certainly needs some more explorations. For straight movements it seems to have an effect.

In the moment I place a Random Effector on the clones (no straight splines anymore), I can’t see an effect, what do I miss?

My suggestion, if there problem is a render random images:

• Let the scene run one time through (Animation>Play Mode to Simple).
• Then make a copy of the tracer and press the c key while the Tracer copy is selected.
• From there set a MoSpline to Spline, drag the new Tracer_copy spline into the Spline filed and set it to Grow Mode Separate Segments.
• Animate the Start, from 100% to 0% (see file “…_21”, with a linear interpolation. Since the Tracer has created on each frame a point per “path” (or single spline segment) it is a pretty accurate representation.

It represents any single frame movement, even with a lot of chaos between.
This renders now always and with much less “preparation power” needed.

All the best

File Attachments
CV2_r17_drs_16_HAma_11.c4d.zip  (File Size: 126KB - Downloads: 76)
CV2_r17_drs_16_HAma_21.c4d.zip  (File Size: 125KB - Downloads: 97)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]