A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Custom Icons
Posted: 24 April 2016 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2006-06-20

I’ve been scouring the web for some information or tutorials on how to create custom icons within C4D.  I only found one but it was not really very helpful.

Can you direct me to a source that can explain the process of creating and then applying custom icons to existing tools or objects?

Thanks

T

Signature 

“Nothing is Easy”
     ————Jethro Tull

Posted: 24 April 2016 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi TAK,

Icons are just little images, set up in any application that can handle pixels. Cinema 4D as a might image machine can do that easily. There is no specific icon maker, well there is an artist doing it manually in C4D for MAXON.

Rick shows here a process to set one up.

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/python_scripting1/distributing_python_scripts

The way Cinema 4D stores those Icons, is inside the Application folder, and is typically the largest image in this folder, speaking of the default installation.

Just to be clear, I do not recommend to change this. However, the name in my current folder is “interface_icons_2x.tif” I guess the two times in the name is based to provide for my 5K screen the right quality. C4D picks based on the location the icon needed. I haven’t counted, but it certainly a four digit number (2000+).

You might get frustrated after a while, as each update might have a chance that this image will be updated as well. Which means your icons will be gone.

The most usable way I can think of, to change here anything, is to set them to monochrome, if one is working a lot in 3D stereo, with anaglyph glasses.

Fingers crossed, you have no trouble

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Character Rig Panic ››