A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

How to Project and Snap Splines onto Geometry
Posted: 16 November 2015 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05

This tutorial makes this look very simple but the reality is that projecting a spline in any of the ways C4D offers is problematic and in my experience most of the time does not work as expected.

Posted: 16 November 2015 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-11-30

This tutorial is illustrating a new feature of Cinema 4D added with Release 17, which does in fact make it easy to project splines onto another object. Are you using Release 17?

Posted: 16 November 2015 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05
Paul Babb - 16 November 2015 09:34 PM

This tutorial is illustrating a new feature of Cinema 4D added with Release 17, which does in fact make it easy to project splines onto another object. Are you using Release 17?

Hi,  Yep Im using R17.  All I want to do is project a spline onto a sphere. But it never projects it how I expect. I have the spline directly in front of my sphere and I have used both the project command and also the spline smooth tool with project checked but my spline just looks deformed and embedded into the sphere. I have tried with text and with a more complex shape and they seems to work but when I want to do it with a very simple circular shape with 10 or 12 points it does not work for me.  I have a file I could upload.