A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
External compositing question.
Posted: 10 November 2015 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks, Henk.

The possible combination and set ups in Cinema 4D are nearly (?) endless. Some patterns move in slowly doing things, escaping from it is a creative mandatory step. So, to have for each clone a child is not really a step I would do, as it defeats the idea. Under a Fracture Object the thinking is way more loose ;o)
_
My current focus is more on applications like Fusion, as it is finally available on Mac and it’s free. So, I get side-tracked as well. In other words, the options inside of C4D plus the ever expanding option in pipeline are certainly not helping to stay focused. :o)
_
It was 9.5 years ago that I got the serial code to unlock the “late” beta in a Hotel room in Las Vegas, to be part of the crew the next morning to show it at the demo stations. Since then I have not lost my love for it, and yes, learning new combinations of workflow/pipeline is my “daily dish”. Tehehe.
_
Besides that, I do not assume to just know it, and talk from memory only. I check everything on my own what I get here in the forum, as your last scene, I rendered it, compared it—etc.
How would I replace the Extracted parts after the C4D is updated, which file is back-up’d, etc, those questions come to my mind, hence the idea of doing it every single time freshly.  If I read about a problem, I try to find the original convergent point of what was said, as I get mostly “half the way solutions” as question. The convergence point is a deductive method to find the source problem, to start fresh and not half the way with what was given already. I found that it makes a difference. I know most people just want to have a fix, but Cineversity is a learning place, not a PIT STOP. Your last set up is build from scratch, not sticking with anything, not with the Align to Spline, nor User Data, and what do you get from it: a collection of the best ideas and with that, something that works flawless.
_
Sorry when I dive too deep into my philosophy here. Yes, I learn from every question about our application, I learn from every question about our members and I’m deeply interested to deliver more than just a solution, I want to deliver an understanding. Some might find that too much effort, but after nearly a decade doing alone this forum, I think I got an idea what is really needed. I think about solution for the long run, not a quick fix.

So, I consider myself learning all the time, and the less I listen to bullies, the more I’m happy to admit that, tehehe.

Thanks for playing, seriously!

I enjoyed our time here and I’m happy you have found what your need. I have to dig deeper into the handling of Melange, as I do not feel that I have “learned” everything about it. My drama: I like to be perfect with my knowledge.

So, after telling you too much details, again: thanks!

My best wishes for your project.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 November 2015 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-04-13

Hi Sassi

O yes , I think a lot of dudes here will recognize you as one of the most dedicated deepdigging C4D teachers in the universe.
I don’t mind if you are diving into philosophy. It is one of my own habits as well. Ever since i joined Cineversity
I followed quite lot of your tutorials. Occasionally we had a chat. I wish i had only a quarter of the knowledge
you have, out all the features and possibilities, often adressed as : “this little one” . I really had to get used to your style
when i started to explore the application, but take it from me: I learned a lot at Cineversity.

And you know what : Maxon has to come up with some new features every new version.. Maybe this thead would give them an idea !

Henk

Posted: 11 November 2015 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thank you very much, Henk.

It all started in 2004 in the PixelCorps, P-to-P, as in Pro to Pro, every-one shares, that was the idea. I did it for a couple of thousand people in the PXC the 3D stuff. With that tight integration I got an idea of the needs over the many years I did this. (In return I learned Shake and compositing on an industry level)
When I record a tutorial, I have my audience in front of me, virtually of course. Chats with you for example support my picture of that audience. I think doing instructing or art, either way, it is important to have an idea about “your” audience. So the communication is more adjusted.
I know that some people didn’t like it. I think that is OK, as one can’t make it right for everyone. My English at that time was certainly not helping either at that time.
Today I feel a deep connection to the people here, and it bugs me when I can’t help in the way they need it. On the other hand, we all learn, evolve and get better. I know that I know not everything, but even aiming at it, I know it is not possible. With that in mind I keep going anyway. Make firm of the wins and ignore the losses, move on. Critics are useless most of time in that game, but real appreciation of the people here will support and motivate this work. This moves me forward.

I say thanks again! :o)

Have a great evening!

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

2 of 2