A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Workflow question: How to use Symmetry after pose morphs, UVs and texture have been finished
Posted: 02 September 2015 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2014-12-11

Hi,

I wonder how I would add topoly changes symmetrically after I have already applied UVs, texture and pose morphs to my character head object ? As soon as I add a symmetry object, C4D adds “the other half” of the head, although the head is already complete.So when I do the changes they happen to the half the symmetry object has created, not the REAL other side of the already finished head…

Thanks,
Emmanuel

Posted: 02 September 2015 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Emmanuel,

The
Main Menu>Character>Mirror Tool and the
Main Menu>Manager>VAMP…

are the closest I would suggest.

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/character_rigging_in_r12_mirroring

However, I’m not certain if that will completely give you what you want, as it duplicates and not necessarily overwrites information.
I’m uncertain as you write you want to copy it to one half, but then write the other half is already complete. Complete in modeling I assume. I’m not certain if I follow here completely. Why not deleting the half and go with a complete symmetry? If there is something different, then it might be a good idea to check the differences before you copy something over it. Again, not sure I can follow here the idea.
Perhaps you copy the Pose Morph “Pose” and then flip it (right mouse click, RMC)—connect via XPresso (set driver/set driven) or both to 100% and RMC
>To Mesh, then drag the new mesh into the Pose Morph list as relative.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]