A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Pull and animate a series of images from a folder into material (help) (python?)
Posted: 26 May 2015 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-15

Hi,

I need to animate folders of images onto a material for a project I’m working on. Hoping maybe someone out there can help out or lead me in the right direction.

I know that materials in the color channel have an “animate” option that allows you to load a folder of images if they are named in order. Unfortunately this doesn’t work for my purposes mainly because it doesn’t update the image path in the material. This is important for my project because I have a python script which is pulling from the image path and acting on the height and width of each new image loaded.

I need to be able to load a folder with xxx images and keyframe each one to the timeline, in order, so each one updates the image path. Maybe one of you knows of an easy way to do this or will I have to resort to a python script to achieve this?

Posted: 26 May 2015 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi shootdigital,

Have you tried the MoGraph Multi-Shader? You get all images into it, by loading a folder at once. Then you can define a single image by the clone color, brightness or ID

Alternative.
The easiest way to feed your sequence would be, to copy all images into one folder and rename them, so you can use them as a sequence. If your Script can sort out the dimensions, that would be then perhaps an option.

Maybe much simpler, you get into contact with the creator of that script and suggest this function. Normally there is some information in the script who created it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 26 May 2015 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-15

Thanks for the reply!

I’ll look into the Mograph shader (forgot it was there) and see if that will help me out with this work flow.

I know the guy who wrote the python code I’m using, I worked with him on it, but I was hoping to not bother him again if I could avoid it and figure this out myself….might have to though, we’ll see.

Posted: 26 May 2015 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

I can understand that, and there is the idea to learn Python of course.
In 2012 I saw a tutorial dealing with “outside” data. Class ten.
https://www.fxphd.com/fxphd/courseDetails.php?idCourse=339

As I do not have the script, perhaps you check on your own, if the Bitmap node can help you here, as it out puts the width and height.

My best wishes.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Rig, or Xpresso? ››