A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

cloth cache reverse playback possible?
Posted: 19 May 2015 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Hi guys, I may be searching under the wrong search words, but is it possible to bake/cache a cloth tear, and reverse the playback? if i want to “tear an object, have some objects leave through the tear, then have the tear “heal”, is this possible?, thank you, Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 19 May 2015 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

I have to explore it again, if we have now other options, but it seems that only an object sequence might be a solution. Caching in any way has no animatable offset options.

The point count can change so, it is not really very adaptable.

Perhaps animating the scene and play back the rendering backwards? Too simple, or any other reasons?

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 19 May 2015 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

My way of doing it would be, as more often than not, kind of manual: (movie-one minute)
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/aSbHiHo9jFKhirALGxBFVJcl4S-P9VRaE4LM9OmuYmA?ref_=cd_share_link_copy
… as you can see the reading of the step-by-step list takes longer. Feel free to download the clip, the Amazon player is not very comfortable. I left some red dots on, but check the file below. ;o)

======

Set up the tear scene as you like it. Cache the Cloth, to be able to scrub though it easily.

Then create go to the Object Manager>Object ==> move the mouse to the menu handle and drag it out. Move it close to the Timeline/Object Manager for an easy workflow.

Move to frame one or zero (start)

Select the Cloth Object and click on the (dragged out menu) “Current State to Object” [CStO]

Drag this new object under a Cloner Object (invisible for the editor view now (red traffic in Object Manager). Twirl open the hierarchy and delete the cloth tags—all!

Now move the time line a little bit forward so the collision objects touches the fabric, to get a slight impression, but without tearing it. Standard: [CStO] again and delete tags, pull under the Cloner, to be lowest object./standard

(The point amount might change so we need at least two objects before it is teared.)

Now go further with the timeline and as often as you like repeat the “Standard”

If you have a nice number of objects und the Cloner Object, select the cloner, call up a Plain Effector. Switch the Position in the Plain Effector off.

Set the Cloner Object to Object>Linear and Blend as well one clone.

Switch off the Cloth and visibility (edit/render:red traffic)

Now move the Plain Effector> Parameter> Modify Clone slider. You should see the Cloth animation now—reproduced in “key” poses.

Move back and fore—works nicely, doesn’t it?

======

Note that the point amount might change (teared or none teared states). If the point amount is not the same the blend will not work and it jumps there only, Based on that this moment needs to be handled closely to the event with two objects, so you can adjust the time freely and precisely.

I have attached a scene file, with this set up, well tested, so It should get you what you like to have.

Enjoy

File Attachments
CV2_r16_drs_15_ANtb_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 670KB - Downloads: 247)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]