A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Getting Started with CINEMA 4D, Part 19: Introduction to Procedural Materials
Posted: 02 May 2015 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-02-21

Hello,
I’ve run into a problem trying I complete this tutorial when dealing with texturing the planet. The luminance settings have changed since this tutorial was recorded and results are different than suggested. Settings that are described in the video are no longer the same. Help!?!
Thanks in advance, Roger

Posted: 02 May 2015 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi RPinion,

I took the last file “cv_express_c16.c4d” linked all the textures to it and opened it in R12 (just to be really sure), and one copy in R16.

I rendered both and you can see the planet in the comparison-image from frame 54 from the two different releases. I can’t really say that they are different in color.

From both applications you will find a screen shot from the Planet material>luminance below as well.

I have no idea what is different in your file. Perhaps you open the final version of the scene file and compare where the lights are and how things differ. At least check if the file “cv_express_c16.c4d” renders in R16 differently than your current state of the scene file.

If there is a problem with the textures, you can go to “Preferences>Files>Texture Path”, and set the path for the Sky as well for the top folder where the logo is. This should fix any problem you might encounter.

Please what ever is not clear to you ask, this series is important to understand and if there is a bump, we will have a look into that.

You can also attach a zipped version of your file (no textures needed this time), and I will have in the morning a look into it. (I’m on Pacific time, BTW.)

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]