A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Pen Tablet Problems
Posted: 03 April 2015 03:50 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-05-12

At some point while working in C4D my cursor action becomes essentially locked to either zoom or scale in my viewport. Meaning I can no longer move my objects or really do anything other than zoom in and out or sometimes scale objects (it’s either one or the other, never both) when I click in the viewport with my pen. Everything works fine for about 20 or 30 minutes and then sooner or later this will just happen; guaranteed, every time I use the software. Do pen tablets not work well with C4D, or is there something specific I didn’t do to ensure that my tablet does work correctly with C4D (It’s a Cintiq 13HD)? Should I just give up on using a tablet for C4D and go with a 3 button mouse (if so, any recommendations)? Can this problem be solved?

Posted: 03 April 2015 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi footthumb,

When a problem is more of a technical issues, we are not supposed to discuss them here. This is a case for the support.

http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

The main reason is, that being handled by the support leads to an organized handling of the resulting data and with that a better feedback for the developers.

I assume you have both, the newest R16 update as well as the current Wacon software installed. Besides that, I change the cables at least ones a year, based on experience.

I work since years with Wacon (well way over a decade) and things have changed over the years, will say it got better and better. However, from time to time, after a new start, I noticed an old behavior, but pressing the 1,2, or 3 key while using the pen in the Editor View, seems to “calibrate” the tablet. [Mac]

All the best

From the Help Manual: (note that Windows and Mac are not comparable)

Graphics Tablet

If you experience problems when using a graphics tablet with CINEMA 4D, enable the Graphics Tablet option.

Tip:
Mac OS does not offer this (or the next) command. The functionality is activated automatically.

Hi-Res Table[

If you still experience problems and you are using the latest driver for your tablet, disable Use Hi-Res Coordinates to
use the tablet in mouse mode. Although you will lose some of the tablet’s resolution, you should barely notice the difference.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]