A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Colorization by the weighting tag
Posted: 19 January 2015 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-02-17

Hi from freezing Switzerland
If I have a polygon-object in a Subdivision Surface and I ‘weight’ a polygon point… c4d creates a weight tag.
Selecting this tag I can see the object colored in blue and pink (the weighted part).
This pink part is only shown in the first subdivision of the Subdivision Surface grid… I remember old settings where that pink part showed the whole affected part of the object (soft area of pink to blue over several grid steps).
Can I change some settings, to have this old view back?
Thank’s
Henri

Posted: 19 January 2015 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Henri,

Sorry for the delay in answering, but here is a holiday and I was for a walk ;o)

I have checked this, as I couldn’t recall a time where HyperNURBS was able to affect a second row. That is the key point of my idea (a decade+) ago about the supportive edge.

The cube had only six polygons and the HN was set to 3;3 (edit/render subdivision) Left R11.5—Right images R16.

So, I opened R11.5 and R16, and started each time from the scratch. I can’t reproduce it. I can go back to R8 if needed or even to R4 (if I find an old OS as well, thehe, but I can’t really remember if R4 had at all HN). However, I believe you can share an expample file—and I’m happy to explore it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 20 January 2015 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-02-17

Hello dottore

I tried also old versions… does not work any more…
I found this old HyperNURBS version much better, so you could check, if by weighting some sensible parts of the object were affected or not.
As an example see the tutorial below… go to 9min20seconds an play it…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n823LXdKCKo

Grazie mille and all the best 2u2

Posted: 20 January 2015 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks, Henri, for the link. Interesting.

Having worked now with thirteen releases, I certainly have reached an level of confusion ;o) where I can’t really tell anymore when what was introduced in past eighteen years. The interface in the link looks newer, but even my idea to switch to software mode isn’t establishing it. There goes my ideas what could have happen. In R13 the HyperNURBS was completely renewed, but that seems to be not the point change either.

My suggestion, in the tag that holds the “weighting”, you can over write the Subdivision settings, and you can check this on or off [Change Subdivision]. So this would be the “short cut” to see how far it reaches—if set to 0;0 or 1;1 based on your needs. Not nice, but perhaps it helps a little bit.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]