A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Is there a way to round off the end of a sweep nurbs?
Posted: 17 December 2014 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-07-07

Hello is there a way to round off the end of a sweep nurbs. I want to keep the object in tack without converting it, because i want to animate the growth of the sweep nurbs. I’ve tried filled cap but it wasn’t the look i was going for. Please help.

Posted: 22 December 2014 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

It might just be a matter of adjusting the fillet settings. If you want the end fully rounded, try enabling the Constrain option on the caps tab and setting the Fillet radius equal to the radius of the path you’re sweeping, then increase the steps to get the desired smoothing.

If that’s still not the look you’re going for, give us a bit more of a hint as to what you’re after and we can offer more suggestions.

Posted: 01 January 2015 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Studio1,

Please provide a sketch what you need, perhaps a combination out of Sweep [NURBS] and Spline Wrap might be the solution. Your question is too general to give a answer that might work for the target you have in mind. No idea if there is something, but lets have a look… The new R16 has an improved UV support for caps, which allows for a much better control of “cap-displacement”, but there is a limit. Another way would be to create a cap that comes close, and use the Extrude [Nurbs]. Then link it to an Connect Object (use the link field, do not parent it. Under this Connect Object goes a Correction Object. This allows you to “model” with the given points.. This is a fragile set up, do not change too much. This can go again in a new Connect Object, or in an Instance object, to be then deformed by the Spline Deformer. (The objects need to be in the sequence—in the Object Manager—as they appear here, top to bottom/hierarchy based. Again the last one is fragile, but with point selections at step two (Correction Deformer) it becomes kind of manageable. There is more to it, to get acceptable results, but this is on a case by case discussion. So, show up with a sketch, before we continue.

Happy New Year.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]