A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

MoGraph broke in my project file.
Posted: 11 November 2014 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  93
Joined  2013-09-19

The attached document is a copy of just the MoGraph component in my project which is not working. I have copied this MoGraph system into a new document and it works fine. Copy it back into the scene and its breaks.

I have removed all the layers I had and its still not working.

I would like some help in figuring out what is causing this problem in my project to prevent it in the future.

Cheers,

Posted: 11 November 2014 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Creativeraul,

If I get the Problem correctly, and I would have loved if you specified it above: The Cloner produces only more than one clone, if you dial in more than three, e.g., if you selected seven clones you get three?

I can even set a new Cloner in it, place a sphere under it and experience the same problem.

You have to copy your file into a new empty scene file, something has screwed your file up. Perhaps I missing something, as I do not have the plug ins (see image). It is difficult to tell without.

Otherwise dial in 9 or 12 as clones to get a few, but it feels not OK to continue with that file. I would suggest to get into contact with the Support. http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

If feels like a “code-line” from a plug in escaped… wild guess. Perhaps restart C4D before you check in with the support.

BTW, set the segments higher for the Cube in the Boole. Not that Polygons are suggested as being part of a Boole set up (vs a Volume Model as the Cube) but it will help.

I checked the file in R14, R15 and R16, same result, which makes me believe that it is not the app here, it is the file.

The interesting part is given in the fact that even if I use a polygon with three segments in the Object field, and specify the clones to sit in the Polygon center, they don’t show up.

All the best
Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 November 2014 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2013-09-19

Dr. Sassi,

Sorry I thought it would be apparent when you open the document and looked at the settings. The issue I am having with the cloner is that I set it to clone 3 copies of the model. I set a random effector to displace the 3 copies slightly. In the source copy its not displacing the copies. In a new document it does. In the source document the cloner is acting as one. It’s not acting correctly. I was wondering why this just happened.

I ended up just copying everything in the scene to a new document.

I removed everything from the scene. I don’t know why you keep getting those missing plugin’s warnings.

Posted: 11 November 2014 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for clearing it, CreativeRaul.

Yes, for you it is the focus of the question, but I didn’t know if the Boole would cause something nor did I know what else you have set up.  Given the fact that I get first of all an list of missing “stuff”, I do not feel comfortable assuming things. When I open a file and got no information what was intended nor what is really the problem, nearly everything looks like a problem ;o)

The Render Settings listed the plug ins.. This might cause it, but how can I know.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining nor say you did something wrong. I just try to explain how I feel.

The scene has 76 (127) objects, each has a more or less large amount of options to set parameter or use what ever… ;o) This is what I see first.

With your newer information I see a Cloner Object that is assimilated by something else obviously or just the the file is broken.

I hope the copy and paste workflow fixed it. It happens from time to time, no general idea what it is, but as I try to stay “native”, I had it only twice in nearly two decades on my own. I produce at least a four digit amount of different files per year(plus uncounted back up files), So it is really not that often.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 11 November 2014 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2013-09-19

Dr. Sassi,

I’m glad to know I’m not the only one it happens to.

Best wishes,

-Raul

Posted: 11 November 2014 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Certainly not, Raul.

The problem is not clear to me: when it happens and why. The problem is certainly that “one” can’t reproduce it. Everything that is reproducible is relatively easy to fix for the developers. But something that misses out the cause of it, hardly.

It might be a tiny error on the hard drive, perhaps a little glitch in something from the code (native or 3rd party).
Nevertheless: I encourage to have have a back up (Preferences) running always. Some other apps ( i will not name them) freeze my system ones in a while. I’m only glad then to be back in no time with my C4D projects.

Have a great day

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 11 November 2014 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2013-09-19

Yes, I always use an auto-save when available for such reasons or occasions.

Posted: 12 November 2014 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Sounds good, Raul.

I’m curious if an earlier version has that problem as well.
If you find the file that has the problem for the first time, you might see what happen from the file before to this file. I know, that sounds like “fun”, but if you figure it out, you might avoid it in the future.

Have a nice evening

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: