A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

recommended tutorials for animation clips and user data?
Posted: 28 October 2014 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Good morning Dr. Sassi, would you mind please recommending some tutorials to learn about user data and animation clips?-these are some of the many things about C4D that I am not well versed in at all. There are many here, but you have a better handle as to as to the best way to approach and learn about these tools. And if you can suggest a couple of great ones for , not just Xpresso, but particularly rangemapper. I suspect that the Xpresso tuts are narrated but you ; )-thanks for your time-Best, Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 28 October 2014 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

The Animation clips are not widely discussed, but I have done an series about it, with a special idea: Team-Work. Which means, they discuss the Animation clips for all kinds of animation to use them on a single set up.
http://youtu.be/dKjgGPDswDE
This is a teaser, but after the preparation, I have showcased this complete animation at the “DMALA” here in L.A. a while ago. Done in just a few minutes. A real workflow as a client sits beside you and ask for quick changes in realtime. ChoreographiX CGX.
http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/animation_techniques_for_teams_part_01_course

The Rangemapper, as all the tools for XPresso are discussed here on CIneversity. Just use the search. I have learned XPresso by trial and error, just explored one node after the other. It is over a decade ago by now, but I stick with my idea about XPresso, it has two parts, the information that runs through the “wires” and the nodes.
The information in the “wires” need to be known, precisely, and you will find quite some tutorial discussions here during the last summer. I think I got alone 100 questions about it. ;o) Nearly.
The nodes needs to be learned one by one, and work easily with a few for a certain target. You learn as you go, and if you hit the wall, ask.
You need some kind of basic mathematic to get deeper in those. I can help there as well if needed, to a certain degree—“time-wise”.

The Rangemapper has a vertical and a horizontal scale. It works like the Curve tool in Photoshop or AfterEffects. One scale represents the incoming data, and the other the outgoing. The way the data is “translated” is based on the spline curve. As the curve in the mentioned image editors.

I hope that helps to get started :o)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 28 October 2014 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Thanks Dr. Sassi, you are ALWAYS helpful to us!-I think that between “life stuff” and the complexity of C4D, some things I forget ( I hope that I am not the only one) so, since I have some time, i want to regroup, and go over my weak points, which are many ; ( -stay well, Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 28 October 2014 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Craig.

The more you know, the harder it is to find the right material to fill the gaps. At least that is my impression.
Please feel free to ask anything, I never judge a question, if it is clearly based on achieving skills and knowledge.
I believe deeply that anything we did sloppily for the body of our work, will slow us down. Knowledge and skills sets you free.
I’m happy to support that here.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]