A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

tutorial download
Posted: 29 September 2014 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-09-29

Hi,

Is there a way to DL the cineversity tuts?

Is there a reason why a DL option is not avail?

Would be so useful to me!!

Thanks
Tom

Posted: 29 September 2014 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

—comment deleted—

Posted: 29 September 2014 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

http://www.cineversity.com/terms-and-conditions

Point 4.

Jerome, please rethink your post here.
A download option would require a complex and timebased “Digital Right Management”, as the use is permitted on a temporal license, your tip is not really appreciated here.

My personal idea is that a download use requires a different payment model and would be not possible with the way it is now.
I’m an instructor here, not to rule about the EULA. But such suggestions put you in a weird spot, to say the least.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 29 September 2014 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

If that’s the case, why does this post remain?  Simply delete it and send a PM to the original poster explaining why.  This doesn’t put me in an awkward position at all, but I’m not sure I can say the same for Cineversity.

Thank you.

Jerome

Posted: 29 September 2014 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-09-29

Ah, well its shame anyway, would be great if we could. I have so much downtime travelling around I could turn it into Cineversity time but I understand you gotta protect your content. The guys at Greyscale leave everything for DL maybe worth getting their views on it?

Thanks for the reply anyway and thanks for creating the resources, they’re brilliant!

Tom

Posted: 29 September 2014 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi carpo101,

I certainly understand your wish. It is firstly not on me to decide this stuff, and secondly, each system has its rules.

I think we all know the idea why Greyscale Gorilla produces the content in the first place, and we all know how FXPHD, or The Gnomonworkshop, Lynda.com, etc. works. Each has different rules we agree to when we like to join. To take from each the most attractive parts and request this from someone else without changing the other benefits seam like a nice idea, but perhaps you need some really cool concepts to make that happen. Ask GS if you can just download all (normally charged) content from them, for free of course. You might need there something interesting to convince them as well.

Anyway, I can share here only my very private point of view, I’m just an instructor here. I’m not part of the management nor decide about payment systems. I’m not really motivated to discuss these things here, but if you must, use the Contact Us button.

Perhaps I need a vacation, a long one, perhaps I do not see it relaxed enough. :o) If I stepped on anyones toes, sorry about that. ... and I mean it.

I hope you can enjoy the content anyway.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 30 September 2014 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Hello,

Thank you Dr. Sassi for answering the questions here. : )

We don’t have a system to download tutorials. We request people do not find third-party methods to download tutorials as that is in violation of the Terms and Conditions.

The reasoning behind this is that Cineversity is built on a Subscription model. “As part of our subscription-based membership and to control piracy, you are not allowed to download any tutorial videos on the Cineversity site. Many tutorials have associated project files, which you are free to download and keep even if your membership has lapsed.”

Thank you for your understanding,
~Michelle

Posted: 30 September 2014 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Michelle.

Thanks for your post as well.

Let me add: The files that can be downloaded are clearly signed as such and Cineversity is not taking extra charges for such, if that is a plug in or something like that, or just scene files. I know of a big educational site where even the project files require a more expensive membership.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: