A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Crystal Growth, Part 00: Introduction
Posted: 16 September 2014 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

unable to load this video

Posted: 17 September 2014 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

Thank you for reporting.

In the future, if a tutorial isn’t loading, a phrase pops up that says “We’re sorry, an unknown error has occurred while loading this video. Please report this error to our administrators.”
If you click on ‘report’, that will send us an email with the exact error the video is having. It just gives us a little more information to work with. smile

Cheers,
Michelle

Posted: 17 September 2014 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2014-06-09

No it doesn’t.  The 3rd video in the series doesn’t load either.  Just saying.  Please, PLEASE can you guys go through your catalog and make sure the site works correctly?  If you can’t do that due to time & resources, let me know.  I’m currently looking for work.  8^)

Thanks.

Posted: 17 September 2014 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2013-12-06

That’s odd the error message did not show up. Which browser are you currently running?

Yes, I have tested the videos and 00, 02, and 09 seem to have broken. We are currently re-encoding them and should be up soon.

~Michelle

edit: We have found the cause of why the tutorials were not loading. They should all be loading properly now.

Posted: 17 September 2014 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2014-06-09

Thanks, will check them out tomorrow.

Posted: 18 September 2014 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

It’s back online. Enjoy!

As a side note:

If a video doesn’t show up, perhaps testing the Playback options helps from time to time. (Not two days ago when Jerome posted it, BTW.)

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 18 September 2014 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2014-06-09

I don’t have Flash on the computer I use to view the tutorials on (it’s an old Macbook Pro that struggles when running Flash).  I just set Safari to Develop > User Agent > Safari iOS 7 - iPad that runs the MP4 fallback.  It’s the solution that currently works best for me.

No clue if this has anything to do with what was going on.  Just thought I’d share in case there are other Mac users who view their tutorials on an older machine.