A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

hair and coloring?
Posted: 15 July 2014 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Hi Dr. Sassi, I really like the option in hair object-generate, type, circle-but why does it not use the color, that I designate in the hair material? is this a limitation, or am I not doing something correctly?, thank you-Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 15 July 2014 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

Do I get your question correctly? You want to use Hair to produce Polygons.

Hair is normally a process to produce an effect that is not comparable with typical textures. Hence the problems why a polygon based result is expected.
In the moment the Hair Object is no longer producing pure Hair, then the produced polygons can’t take the information that the “Native Hair” would use.
Sounds cryptic (?), perhaps, and I don’t go further, because I would like to share an idea about:

If you like to get an deep understanding in the difference of the results, do the following. Set up a sphere and add a Hair Object, so you get something like a fluff ball.
Set up a multi-pass rendering for a single image. Add All, from the Multi-Pass button in the Render-settings.

Render that image, and set the Picture viewer to Layer>Single image. Check out where Hair appears.
Then use another type of Hair> Circle, render again, compare the results per pass! (You have to set both sides individually, each time.)

I hope that will help to get an idea how different Hair and Polygons work.

To create an easier comparison, set the first render in teh Picture Viewer to A and the second one to B, to use the comparison, see image below.

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 15 July 2014 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

thanks, I will look into this-stay well, cz

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 16 July 2014 03:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You too, thanks, Craig.

Let me know how it works for you.

My best wishes

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]