A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Modeling a Fork with Polygons, Part 3
Posted: 23 May 2014 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2014-04-10

Hi,

Is there a place to download the reference photo of the fork?  I’ve tried using a picture of a fork that I found on the internet but it isn’t exactly the same as the one used in this tutorial.  The other crazy thing as I have tried repeating this tutorial three times and every time I end up with weird polygons that the presenter doesn’t have.  I have followed what he does exactly (i.e., points placed in the same spot on the reference image as he does) but end up when the model is converted to sub-divisions with a mess of extra polygons which then causes all kinds of problems. 
Also, since I’m new to trying to use Cinema is there a document that explains what the viewport settings should be?  My display has different colored lines making up the cage of polygons than the tutorial.  I’ve tried changing the colors within the preferences but it doesn’t seem to have an effect.  I’ve tried all the different display settings (e.g., gouraud shading with lines, quick shading etc.) but I can’t seem to get my display to match that of the tutorial.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Paul W.

Posted: 23 May 2014 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Paul W.,

Please check out the tutorial—as shown in the screen-shot—there you find the download link. Right lower corner of the image.

Let me know if that isn’t working. (I just downloaded it, to make certain that it works, you want the image “DSCF0693.jpg” in the folder)

Have a great weekend.

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 23 May 2014 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2014-04-10

Thank you Sassi.

I feel like and idiot!  I didn’t think to look for it there.  Now if I can just figure out why every time I try to build this model it comes out with all this extra crazy polygons.  Anyway, thanks again for your quick response.

Paul W.

Posted: 23 May 2014 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Paul W.!

Don’t worry about that, I have since a while the wish to have a “sticky” post here in the Tutorial Forum that handles the file location for each series. But then, who would find this thread.

The problem—from my point of view—is in the “two tabs”. Once you move along the course it shows most likely the Playlist (which is logically of course)—but that hides the FILES button.

For the extra polygons, if that isn’t solved for you by now, perhaps you start over, and after each main step you copy the model. Based on these states and some words perhaps, we might be able to tell what happen.

Please start a new thread here, if you like to discuss this. So others have an advantage from it, if they run into the same problem.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]