A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Shader Effector gradient in xpresso
Posted: 28 February 2014 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2012-01-27

Hi,

Using a null object, I am building a user data “control center” to drive the values of a lot of objects scattered throughout my scene. Using the set driver and set driven keys, it is working well except for one place: the gradient on the shader effectors.

I set the user data type to gradient and choose “Set Driver.” Then I open the shader effector, then open the shader tabs, and then choose “Set Driven” on the attribute “Gradient.” C4D creates a new null object with an expresso tag, showing the link between the user data gradient and the gradient. But the values do not transfer.

I am assuming that the gradient C4D references becomes disconnected from its parent, the shader effector object, and so the xpresso connection doesn’t update the instance I want updated. But I don’t see any way in xpresso to connect the gradient to the shader effector object.

Is it possible to connect the user data gradient to the particular instance of the gradient on a particular shader effector object via xpresso?

Thanks

Posted: 28 February 2014 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Celumbra,

Way back in time, I guess in and before r8 there was some problems to do exactly that, if I recall it correctly. But I checked back and r11.5 to r15 I found no problems.

Would you mind to set up just a User Data and ShaderEffector with a gradient and the Set Driver/Set Driven (Absolute)?

I will take a look into it.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      sewing machine ››