A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Making an Ocean Wave Rig in CINEMA 4D, Part 2 needs update for new PoseMorph Target…
Posted: 24 May 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-03-02

Ok, I also just noticed that I need to turn on the “Mix” toggle on the Driver discussed in Tut 3 at 6:30 by Clicking it at each point.
If you do not do this you get a very strange stutter in the wave as it moves.
At first I thought it was my inbetweens for each wave I did that they were not matching correctly, then after fixing that I still got a stutter in the movement, so I created 12 different wave movements and rebuilt the Posemorph and it still stuttered.
Then I saw the “Mix” toggle setting on the Driver and clicked each Set up point in the X Resolution which is now for me 12 and then clicked the Mix toggle to on and got a perfect wave motion, now if I had done that with just the original 5 it probably would have been smooth as well, but now I have a really detailed wave motion at 12, haha!
Back to more Exploration in to the unknown…

Posted: 24 May 2013 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Joined  2011-03-02

Another thing, thanks to r14 is you do not have to reset the constraints as mentioned in Tut 4,
If you copy and rename the individual WaveMover, WaveRotator, Original spline and PoseMorph Tag, everything will fall into place without having to re-drag the Posemorph tags into the Driven Object name space. If that makes any sense.

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Joseph,

Nice that you gain so much out of this.

I hope you don’t mind: You mix now here the different parts of the tutorials, which makes it hard for others to follow, if they search for details based on part two. IF there is a question, please use the option near the tutorial, to keep things organized. Thank you!

Do I miss a question in the last two posts? I’m not certain if there was one. Please let me know.

Have a great weekend

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Joined  2011-03-02

Hi Dr. Sasi,
Sorry about that, not sure what I should have done here.
No, no questions, just stuff I figured out working on this Tutorial as a whole, that I thought I should mention.

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks you for the fast feedback Joseph Wraith,

I like to hear of course your explorations and success stories!

Perhaps if you like to share more we continue in the QA forum, to keep it here as streamlined as possible. I think always how I would feel when I have a problem and then have to move along a lot of material that is not directly related to the part itself.

I hope I do not sounded un-friendly, if so—sorry, not my intention.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Joined  2011-03-02

Hi Dr, Sassi,
No you are fine, it’s good to have order in the midst of chaos, I just felt that since I was still discussing this particular Tutorial
that I ought to add the points I learned that are relative to it.
I think what we need is a new tutorial on this subject because the old one can be quite confusing using r14.
I am rendering a image from the wave now to see what I can do with it using textures, a physical sky and such.
I wish there was a way to add and constrain thinking particles to the edge of the wave so it would look a little more organic with a spray.
I am going to have to play with that idea…

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

The release changes are certainly a big problem. I wish there would be a solution, but to record each year a four digit number of tutorials —again, would certainly change the whole model of Cineversity.

I feel always a little bit bad to stop a nice flow in a thread, just to keep it organized, so—I’m really grateful that you take it in that way. Thank you! :o)

Thinking Particles, I never would say impossible, but yes there is no ready-to-use solution for every case. Think about the information that you have when this wave is working. There are options to get the tips of the waves separated with shaders etc and from there… , but that would be then a discussion on the (here we go again—sorry) for the Q&A forum. It is certainly a nice question, and perhaps something for the Tutorial Suggestion Forum as well.

My best wishes!

Signature 

NEW:

2 of 2