A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Tutorial frequency
Posted: 16 February 2013 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-01

Hi
joined Cineversity in September hoping for a lot of tutorials dealing with all the new features of R14.
As i see it now there have been 2 tutorials in the last 4 month.
This seems not appropriate for the price you are asking.
You could try to make your customers happier if you´d at
least publish a list of tutorial-projects in the pipeline.
Ginseng

Posted: 16 February 2013 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

We are currently in the process of releasing over 200 videos covering integration and cinematography, as well as a breakdown of a short film demonstrating these practices (9 hours), this is followed by a series covering motion clips and the role they can play in motion graphics (5 hours), as well as more on lighting and modeling.
These were all announced by email to members, please be sure to check the new CV playlist section for latest release.

Posted: 16 February 2013 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Ginseng,

If I get your post correctly you focus on tutorials that would fit to the category “what is new in r14”. OK. Our members have a mixed installment of versions, as you might see frequently in the forum. We try to reflect this of course.

But yes, I understand certainly your wish to have the latest and newest reflected in new released tutorials. I agree with that, as I have as well an understanding about the requests that our members have about production based training.
My part here is certainly that I take such “larger” things on, the long running more in depth series. I hope that it will not last very long until we can release 200+ tutorials (after the 212 Patrick mentioned), these new ones are all done with r14. With new themes but as well with features which had no need to be changed in r14. A mixture of themes of course.
I cover the connection to NUKE and here for example Alembic, which I requested to have in the application when it was discussed during Siggraph. A technology that is initiated by Sony and ILM. One series goes into depth about the Camera Projection, and another is then a making of (see link below) an music video based on the series mentioned before. A complete production based on Canon 5Dm2 and RED, created in C4D with exactly this new feature. Production proven and r14!
There is of course as well the need to go deeper into e.g., Light and Texture, something that reflects the installed release base of our members, i.e., all done and recorded in r14 but useable one or two releases earlier.

There is certainly more in work. However, these production courses take a lot of time, and as I produce them with my own equipment and budget, it has not the speed of a feature film production of course, most of the time I work on set without an assistance team for these productions.

Currently I follow closely (for example) the development of ACES, an Academy standard for digital workflow, and how that will eventually influence our work. Just so we are on top of the development. MAXON has set the options to be here on top many years ago in r12 and later versions. I will hopefully show this soon as well. My efforts here were over the last years certainly noticeable.

This material (many new series) is predominately not just like a simple starter series with an easy to set up screen capture. I see pure starter screen capture popping up all over the place now, a reason for me to deliver what is needed in day by day work: In depth training wit a wide horizon what is needed if you like to “survive” in an studio environment.
These series are based on research, scripting and real world production. The delivered and accumulated value of these series alone is certainly way beyond the renew fee (based on my experience following many resources, and having paid for 5,000+ tutorials over many years by now). I haven’t seen a place with this amount of tutorials that let you participate for a renew fee below $100, with an active forum, driven by instructors. Which brings up the next point, if there is a question to r14, we all are more than happy to answer in the forum. Something that was mentioned more often as a high value by itself.

Anyway, I got your perspective to this and I hope I could reflect this in my answer. I like your reasonable input here, thank you. Please post specific tutorial wishes in this thread, as the variety of R14 feature is not small, and since its release I haven’t seen a lot of requests about r14, so it might fit better to your needs. Thank you.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 17 February 2013 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17
Dr. Sassi - 16 February 2013 02:35 PM

Hey Ginseng,

If there is a question to r14, we all are more than happy to answer in the forum. Something that was mentioned more often as a high value by itself.

Sassi

This I can agree with, and something I should have mentioned from the start.
Having the option to pick Dr. Sassi’s brain is an incredible resource in itself.
He is always more than happy to provide example files when people ask questions, because he knows that you guys are busy and may be dealing with deadlines. But at the same time he always tries to make sure that the “why” is explained, rather than just the “how”.

Posted: 17 February 2013 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks Patrick,

Besides your nice and clear style in tutorials, you provide this quality as well behind the curtain :o) Now people might think, they have nothing better to do than to place them-self in a good light and let go of the critic.

==============

Well, I wrote my line above to show that we are a team that is not focused to send out cool tricks tutorials to survive, we are committed to deliver the best possible. We love nice useful tricks as well and share them as long as we see them as a long time investment in your skills. We certainly avoid short-time mainstream, which might be aesthetically worn out faster than a starter can learn it. Not a simple position, as it might feel more like being a math prof.

After 20 years using 3D as my communication and art tool I have seen things come and go. I have evaluated a lot during these two decades, and tried even more along that time. I can’t ignore this experience and I do my tutorials with a perception of a scientist (from the research side) and from an artist (from the usability side) as well from an educator (from the long time usability side). This might slow down my process, but it has shown successfully on the long run.

Lots of new content is coming and I hope people go through it. I know only too well that a 3D artist these days need a good as well as wide base to stay in his/her job. Here, I hope, I can support and yes—as well in the forum when everything is too late to learn on a normal pace.

I wish a nice Sunday.
Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 04 June 2014 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-12-21

The quantity and (more importantly) quality of recent tutorials has been outstanding.
Keep up the good work!!
As a novice AE user I am particularly interested in the use of C4D with AE (like the tank tutorial).
Also, intermediate and above Mograph tutorials would be great.
Thanks again