A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

making one object out of two
Posted: 04 February 2013 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-04-27

I am creating an arrow but instead of just drawing out an arrow I want to create the arrow head out of a triangle and the body out of a rectangle. If I use connect the original overlapping points stay. That is not what I want to accomplish is there anyway that I can join both objects and the overlapping areas (points, segments)will disappear?

Posted: 04 February 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi there,

Normally I would go with two objects and use the boolean Object. You can turn that into a polygon object, by pressing the C key and then connect all parts.

Perhaps with simple shapes, it might be easier to *cut into the model to get more edges and pull the “cube”-like part out of the pyramid shape.

There are certainly more options, to get this kind of shape. A LatheNURBS set the subdivisions to four for example.

*cut, well, perhaps the primitive allows already for a subdivision, and you can select a bottom polygon and “Extrude” it.

Let me know if the example was just the target or a simplified version.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Integration 101      Straightening Axis ››