A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
Beginner lost in space!!!!!!!!!!!! Help
Posted: 24 January 2013 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Jeff,
Just to clear that point, we instructors are here to support your learning. I think we have discussed all points about interface changes and the problems by now. I do not think that any further discussion will solve anything, nor give more data to the problem.

How many icons are different? I do not count a lot, honestly. What is it that takes weeks for that to get sorted out? I’m lost a little bit with this kind of perspective. However, I will think about a guide or such in the future, like a pdf to print out. We will see what a internal discussion about that will deliver.
As mentioned before 3D is nothing that you might get from zero to pro in a few weeks, it takes time.

Patrick and I offered to support any release based problem.

If you have a clear question, please let us know.  I like to focus on what we can do to support right now. Things that might take a while to change are certainly not helpful for your start.

Lets focus on what is possible in present time to support you.

All the best
Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 25 January 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2012-12-05

You guys are great and I thank you for your input and assistance.

I learn 10 times faster with tutorials written using the R14 and therefore have begun a search for as many as i can find. The internet is starting produce a few good tutorials.

Is there a way to filter the tutorials on Cineversity for R14 ones only?

Posted: 25 January 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Joined  2012-12-05

Found it.

Posted: 25 January 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Jeff,

You found it, great. The filter functions are so much better than in the v1 of Cinversity.

I hope you have a good time with r14 tutorials, I cross the fingers that more stuff is available when you are through it. ;o)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 25 January 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Joined  2012-12-05

I was able to find a company online that offers a coarse of tutorials specifically for R14.

Posted: 25 January 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Jeff, what should I do with this information?  What is your motivation? Do you think we are now surprised to see that other people do training or a course for r14. :o)

I wouldn’t wonder if I know the one who created this material, and if I got some questions so far from him as well to support his efforts. (No names, we are all good friends to each other, the network—works—one great thing in the C4D community)

Good luck.

Take care.

racer108 - 25 January 2013 04:09 PM

I was able to find a company online that offers a coarse of tutorials specifically for R14.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 29 January 2013 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Joined  2012-12-05

I am very excited about finding the kind of help I need. I neglected to mention the name of the company and course because I was not sure if this forum would allow such competing information. If you think it is ok and would help other new users i will gladly post the info.

As soon as I finish this beginner course i will be able to appreciate the wealth of knowledge here, I look forward to that very much.

Posted: 29 January 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Normally you find all new courses on the MAXON site from any supplier if the quality fits, or they are announced here from time to time.

I think it is up to the Admin team to decide what is announced here. We are certainly happy about any well researched and executed training, of course. (I would like to see it before and evaluate it, but that is just my personal idea about)
If you are uncertain what to post or not, while signing up, that was all expressed in the “agreement”. No hidden rules here :o)

Good luck with your courses.

Signature 

NEW:

2 of 2