A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

15 of 17
CV-ArtSmart
Posted: 24 October 2016 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-11-05

Hi, I am in Windows 10 using R17.048. For the first 20 mins or so Art Smart was working perfectly. Without warning Art Smart no longer worked at all. I deleted the symbolcache file and that all seemed to be well and good for a few minutes. It now would work, but not in a project I had previously used Art Smart in. I restarted the program again and now Art Smart will only paste an empty Null object. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 24 October 2016 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2007-07-02

Hi Randmcnally,

Which ArtSmart functionality are you using? It sounds like you’re mostly using CV-ArtSmart Copy/Paste. Have you tried copy/pasting a shape you successfully copied earlier? It’s possible you started using some illustrator features that aren’t supported by ArtSmart.

If you’re able to do so, please:
1. Post any AI files you’re using.
2. Type the steps we can follow to recreate the error.
3. Include a screenshot or the specific text of any errors printed in the Console (Script > Console…)

Thanks!

Posted: 24 October 2016 07:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]  
Joined  2015-11-05

I am creating paths in Photoshop, copying them over to Illustrator, then pasting them into C4D. I have it successfully working in any C4D project - except the one I’d like them to be working in - no matter if I increment or not.

Here’s the Console Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “‘CV-ArtSmart.pyp’”, line 311, in Execute
  File “‘CV-ArtSmart.pyp’”, line 373, in LoadArt
  File “‘CV-ArtSmart.pyp’”, line 333, in GetConstructionPlane
TypeError: Required argument ‘doc’ (pos 1) not found

Posted: 24 October 2016 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Hi Randmcnally,

I found the bug. It occurs when you have a camera active (when you’re not using the editor camera). I’ll patch it shortly, but in the meantime you can get things working by unlinking the camera (switching to editor camera) before using the ArtSmart Paste command.

Thanks for the report.

Posted: 02 December 2016 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]  
Joined  2014-09-15

Hello, i am trying to import an AI file. It works fine with ArtSmart Import but nothing shows up when using the ArtSmart Object.
This says ArtSmart:
“INFO: File Type: ai pdf
————-
Found AI private data in block 13 to 15”

This shows up in the Console:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “‘CV-ArtSmartObject.pyp’”, line 575, in GetVirtualObjects
  File “/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17/plugins/CV-ArtSmart/lib/artsmartcore.py”, line 453, in ParseLayer
  path,depth,offset,spread = CreatePath(item,node,userdataIdx,layer.name,axis=axis)
  File “/Applications/MAXON/CINEMA 4D R17/plugins/CV-ArtSmart/lib/artsmartcore.py”, line 129, in CreatePath
  if node and node[c4d.ART_LEGACYCENTER]:
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘ART_LEGACYCENTER’

Pleas Help.
Im working on a Mac with C4D R17.

Posted: 02 December 2016 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24
monn - 02 December 2016 09:35 AM

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘ART_LEGACYCENTER’

Hi Monn,

This looks like a case of an outdated symbol cache. CV-Toolbox should refresh the symbol cache automatically but when you manually install python plugins you many need to clean it up yourself. Just open your C4D Prefs (Open Prefs Folder button in the Prefs window), navigate to the prefs subfolder and delete the file named symbolcache. Restart C4D, and the symbolcache will be regenerated automatically. That should fix the issue.

Posted: 05 December 2016 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]  
Joined  2014-09-15

Perfect, thank you!

Posted: 27 April 2017 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-11-24

Having trouble with ArtSmart Objects on R18 on Windows 10. This seems to only happen with AI files located on different drives on my computer - I have some artwork stored on an internal SSD and others on internal Platter drives. If I move the artwork to the desktop (a separate drive M.2 NVMe SSD), then the ArtSmart Object populates the artwork.

AI files located on internal SSD and HDD will only import the splines via the ArtSmart Importer. ArtSmart Object displays only an empty null.

Troubleshooting steps I’ve taken:
1. Uninstall and reinstall C4D.
2. Uninstall and reinstall ArtSmart.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Toolbox. (And ArtSmart through Toolbox).
4. Delete symbolcache file and restart application.

Each of these steps results in the same outcome.

Please help!

Posted: 21 May 2017 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]  
Joined  2014-05-01

The AS plugin doesn’t seem to respect Project Settings > Project Scale.

This is important for things like package design where measurements matter.

Am I missing something?

Posted: 05 June 2017 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]  
Joined  2017-06-05

Hey there!

With ArtSmart I can’t paste from AI to C4D. The rest of the plugin works fine, just that aspect.

My specs - Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 //  C4D R18.048 //  ArtSmart 2.82

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

* SORRY! Just read back and found the unlinking the camera solution. Thanks!

Posted: 23 June 2017 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]  
Joined  2016-09-21

Hi Rick
I just installed CV-ArtSmart I noticed that when opening the chinaema file does not update the illustrator file if it has previously been modified.
You have to click reload to see the changes.
Is this update possible when the movie file is opened or for technical reasons this can never be done?
What I ask is very important to establish our business workflow, and if it is to be funded let us know how much.

Thank you

Nicola Prete

Posted: 23 June 2017 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-01-24

CV-ArtSmart was designed to only reload on demand. It might be possible to detect a newer file when the C4D project is loaded and prompt the user to reload - I’ll add that to the list of possible enhancements.

Posted: 23 June 2017 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]  
Joined  2016-09-21

Thank you for the reply
I understand the type of setting in the design of the plugin, but if the improvement is to alert the user to ask for the reload, in my case it makes no sense.
Had to behave as if to change an image attached to a material, I should not recharge it, the software would have the resulting file of a path without affecting anything else.

Posted: 11 July 2017 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05

I cant see my CV artsmart object in After effects?    is there setting somewhere that Im missing or is it not compatible with cineware?

Posted: 11 July 2017 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2014-05-05
Rick Barrett - 14 October 2013 12:50 PM
jabaum - 12 October 2013 02:09 PM

My artsmart objects aren’t showing up in Cineware unless I make them editable. Is this normal? I’m using R15 and the latest CC version of After effects.

Yes, that’s expected, because the initial release of Cineware doesn’t support C4D plugins.

The upcoming 12.1 release of AE will include the option to link your CINEMA 4D R15 installation as the render engine for Cineware, which will also allow plugin support.

- Rick -

Can you please explain how I link because Im using CC2017 and I have my render engine set to my c4d 2018 cinerender and I cant see my artsmart objects

15 of 17

CV Toolbox R23 ››