A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

1 of 2
Scrubbing no longer works
Posted: 13 April 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-04-04

HI, I have a Mac Quad Core Intel machine.  I was excited to join and start using the new R13 tutorials. However I find that Scrubbing no longer works on the Cineversity tutorials. So if the tutorial is going to fast and I need to backtrack a minute or so I can’t. Instead the tutorial starts from the beginning.  If I’m 8 minutes into the tutorial, I have to wait 8 minutes while the whole thing runs again. This makes Cineversity Tutorials Un-useable.

What was Maxon thinking when they redid the website?

Posted: 14 April 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

The video will not update as you scrub, but you should be able to click to any point in time and the video should start streaming from where you clicked.
If this is not working please try a different browser and let us know if you still experiencing difficulties.

Posted: 20 April 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2012-04-04

Hello

I’ve tried again to use the tutorials on cineversity’s web site. It did not work.  If I stop the video, or click on any point it time the video starts from the very top.  I closed Safari and opened Firefox, the exact same thing happened. Am I the only one who is having this problem with the new web site tutorials?

Thanks

Posted: 20 April 2012 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-12-20

Nope, I am too. I’m not sure how many subscribers are experiencing these serious issues with their videos, but it seems the issue has been going on to some degree since January?

Posted: 20 April 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2012-04-04

Glad I’m not the only one, it pretty much makes the Cineversity Tutorials useless. Given that it’s a pay/subscription service it’s pretty disappointing.

Posted: 20 April 2012 09:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2011-12-20

It’s like McDonald’s running out of burgers.

Posted: 23 April 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17
blurvel - 20 April 2012 07:15 PM

Hello

I’ve tried again to use the tutorials on cineversity’s web site. It did not work.  If I stop the video, or click on any point it time the video starts from the very top.  I closed Safari and opened Firefox, the exact same thing happened. Am I the only one who is having this problem with the new web site tutorials?

Thanks

You are the first one that I know of to report this specific issue.

There have been other general connectivity issues that users have been experiencing.
These have been incredibly difficult to track down as none of the systems we have tried have resulted in the same issues.
I have tried both mac and PC’s across various browsers with no problem, and I am located in montreal.
The site has also been tested on Mac and PC across multiple browsers at the office in California.
Both locations show no issues.
Tickets have been filed, with our vendors.
Trust us we are looking into the issue…but until we can actually locate an issue it is hard to act on it.
Until then sorry for the troubles, and hopefully we can start hearing back from our vendors.

Posted: 01 May 2012 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2012-02-09

I was having the same issue. Video restarted if the scrub was more than a second or two in either direction.  This problem happened in both IE and Firefox (latest versions) on windows 7 64-bit OS.

I was able to correct the issue by disabling the McAfee firewall in my security software. My router has its own firewall so I’m not worried about going without one on my laptop. If you’re having the same issue, you may want to see if your firewall is the culprit.

Posted: 01 May 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-09

I am having the same problem.  Tried both Safari and Firefox on three different Macs (all running OSX 10.7.3) and in 3 different locations in Southern California.

It makes the tutorials so painful.  Sometimes I just want to review a minute or two at the end, and I have to watch the entire video to get there.

Posted: 01 May 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2012-04-04

The administrator told me that quote “You are the first one that I know of to report this specific issue.”  I’m glad to see this is a Ciniversity issue on a site that charges money for a flawed product.

Still Frustrated

Posted: 01 May 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2010-08-21

I am on an iMac and PC and both computers have no problem with the scrubbing. Sorry guys.

Posted: 03 May 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2010-09-13

I posted also that im very unsatisfied with the srubbing and precaching of the new cineversity. I didnt get any answer.
I understand that you are concerned about security but this is no longer a working product.

i realy think about leaving because the site is becoming useless for me…..

Posted: 04 May 2012 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-12-22

I didn´t get any answer either, this is very frustrating
I´m thinking in leaving cineversity too, but I want to be compensated in some way for I have paid for a premium account

Posted: 17 May 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Joined  2009-11-15

I am having this problem as well. On a Mac quad-core intel. plenty of memory. OSX 10.6.8. Tried it on both Firefox version 12.0 and Safari 5.1.2. We run on T2 connections. Not only have I scrubbing issues. The tutorials would stop playing abruptly as well and the playhead will jump back to the beginning of the video.

Posted: 27 May 2012 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2006-06-20

I have to add my frustration to the list.  I have the same problem with the tutorials.  On a Mac 12 Core -OS 10.6.8 - Safari, Firefox never work properly.  Chrome occasionally functions but 7 out of 10 times it jumps back to the beginning. 

This renders the tutorials nearly useless…  maybe you can take a look at Lynda.com model and try to emulate that.

For an expensive subscription service this really is bad business.

Quicktime is still the best video streaming format I have used.

Signature 

“Nothing is Easy”
     ————Jethro Tull

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-25

I am having the same issues. HELP! Please fix this!!!

1 of 2