A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Nuke Camera Track FBX into C4d R12 errors
Posted: 13 March 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-03-27

Hello everyone,
I have a reoccurring issue that is making me pull out my hair.

Using the camera tracker in Nuke, we solve and get a camera/point cloud. Export this point cloud and camera data as an FBX.
When we import this scene into Maya. Its perfect. Backplate matches all point cloud locators.

When we take this same FBX into C4D—the point cloud doesn’t match the backplate. We noticed that the camera focal length was modified from the original solve data coming out of Nuke’s camera solve. We manually type it in and it gets within a 95% lock. The footage seems to be in a frame offset from the pointcloud information.

We have tried to offset the camera data by slipping it +/- in the timeline to no success.

I will get some screen shots together soon….but in the meantime has anyone experienced this issue?
Im not sure why the FBX would work perfect in Maya, but error out in Cinema.

Thanks,
THOR

Signature 

Remember to Forget

Posted: 14 March 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

This is something that really needs to be dealt with through tech support…as it may just be a bug.
In which case you need to develop a new workflow to transfer the data.

You could try exporting the FBX out of Maya.
Or perhaps exporting as another intermediate format, like lws.

If it is something you use a lot please make sure you are reporting the issues you run into otherwise you will always be running into the same issues.