A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

PSD Morph Disappears
Posted: 22 January 2023 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2023-01-22

I’m currently working on a complex Character rig.

I paint correctionnal PSD Morphs (in ZB) for all my bones rotations, to correct rigging limitation and to have beautifful muscles contractions, veins, tendrills ...

I set up this project a while now, made a checking JPG Sequence render of all the part of the mesh to verify the PSD was acting corrrectly and everithing was OK.

But I re-open the project today, and a lot of PSD morphs doesn’t acting anymore.

This is not the first time it happen to me and the only soution I found in the past was to reassign all of the bugging ones, one by one, LOD by LOD (I have 3 LOD).

This is a huge task because I have ten of corrections, for the 2 sides of the mesh, multiply by 3 LOD ...

Days of work ...

Did you ever eard about this issue ?

To be more precise, the PSD layers still exist, the auto-weight is enable, and the Morph is active, but nothing happen.
And it’s random, not all the PSD Morph are concerned.

How are they stored in the project ?
Is their a way to reach them ?
I mean, with PSD, impossible to use external .pmo, and no need to keep the external correctionnal mesh stored in the project, so I suppose they are stored directly in the Morph tag.
Can we acces to them ?

C4D R23 / R25 / R26 / 2023 give me the same result

Thank you

Posted: 25 January 2023 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi floriansenand,

We have moved to a new forum. This one here will no longer be supported.

If you named the weight Tags individually, and it happens anyway, then please check with the support:
https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Robot IK      Boolean assign material ››