A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

UV Meshes Not Aligning Properly
Posted: 18 January 2023 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2023-01-18

Hi everyone.

I’m working on wrapping a product to be inserted into some live action footage and received an .fbx file from the product rendering company. Along with that they gave me two .pngs that have measurements for both the base of the tub and the lid. When I attempted to follow those measurements on the packaging mechanicals I noticed a few issues with the alignment of the leaf pattern.

Here’s a link to a few screen grabs of what I’m looking at: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/gkl9ft8cwb3nhtgpc3n6o/h?dl=0&rlkey=gh64r5lhmqirttc950u0tg4ju

I’d be happy to share a project file if someone wants to take a deeper look, but I’m hoping these details will be a good starting point to discuss and see what I’m missing. Ideally, I’d love to have a seamless wrap from top to bottom, in fact, the lid will not even move in this render. So if there’s a way to combine the meshes together that might be a solve. Eventually I’ll be using image sequences of the leaf pattern animating as the material, rather than just a still image.

I’ll admit I’m very green in C4D but I’m trying to learn and grow in this space. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Posted: 18 January 2023 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi subscriptions,

We have moved to a new forum. Any problems signing in?

Yes, please, the project file is key. I have no idea what I’m looking at in the images in terms of what the setup is. I have no idea, for example, about the top of the lid.

Save with Assets, and thanks for using Dropbox.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 18 January 2023 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2023-01-18

Thanks Dr. Sassi!

I sent you a pm with the project link.

Posted: 18 January 2023 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi subscriptions,

I have remodeled the container, as many lines were not aligned. It would be no good start to use this object.

The texture is a print file, not a texture for rendering. Typically there is a bleeding frame (etc.) around those.

The Seam will show, as the one who did the texture didn’t work on a tile-able texture. This might have to do with the fact that this is a shrinking label with no option to align it. I have both versions in the file, One tile-able and one just cropped.

The UVs are set up newly. I used a Cylinder here, while the ring on the lit was modeled for the UV to be included. But then the UV tag moved to the render model. It is all in the file.

Do you want to line up the texture between container with the Lid? I have split them as they would practically. Please advice. It is easy to line them up, since you mentioned the lid will be not moved.

Sadly, I can’t send you the PM; it tells me that this is not a name <subscriptions>

Sorry, I believe no one will change that in this old forum as we have moved on. If you send me an email address …

All the best

P.S.: we can continue in the new forum, this will be soon locked.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]