A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Selection object problem with character object
Posted: 23 February 2012 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2010-11-01

Hi guys,

I’ve rigged up 2 character rigs, and got them to the point where they work great (weighting etc all set up).  Trouble is i used the (IK/FK leg only) preset rather than the (IK/FK bendy) preset and it seems that when you use this one the leg controllers (R_Foot, L_Foot, R_IK_leg, L_IK_Leg) don’t get added to the character selection object (which you use with the keyframing).  I’m not entirely sure but to test it i just tried creating a quick rig, one with bendy legs and one with the non bendy legs and only the bendy one got the foot controllers added to the character selection object.

So my question is, is there anyway i can access the character selection object and add the controllers to it?  I opened the character rigs full hierarchy but couldn’t see the selection objects in there.  I don’t really want to have to rig it all from scratch.

By the way i’m using advanced biped rig template.

Thanks

>>edit

Just noticed that the controllers aren’t put into the L_LEG or R_LEG selection objects either.

Posted: 26 February 2012 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

If you are happy with the rig as is you can convert the rig.
This will give you access to the selection objects, albeit makes the scene a little more messy to work with.
AFAIK this is an issue that was addressed but I am unsure, we can ask Bret.
Best to contact MAXON support and let them know there is an issue: http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

Posted: 28 February 2012 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2010-11-01

Cool, thanks for that, i guess i could also always open up the rig and create new selection objects too.  Thanks for the help

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-05-17

What version of R13 are you using? The release 13.016 had this issue, but if you update to 13.051 it shouldn’t happen. But unfortunately I believe you might have to re-rig using R13. You could try to update the rig by choosing update after you’ve updated C4D to 13.051, but it might not work. If it works then that’s great and you’re set. If it doesn’t though you’d need to re-rig, but any future ones you create shouldn’t have the problem. So if updating the rig didn’t work, I’d probably recommend just making it editable and that will get around the issue.

Sorry about that.

Signature 

http://www.bretbays.com

Posted: 28 February 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2010-11-01

Ah i hadn’t updated it yet, no worries and thanks for the info : )