A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Wave
Posted: 21 February 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-09-26

Hi All I NEED your help in a Big way!!! I need to create a wave that continuously breaks kinda like a wave surfers go on (pipe like) any and ALL help is hugely appreciated!

Ben

Posted: 21 February 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Ben,

Have a look to the four part series from Bret, I think that is an awesome idea that he presents there.

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/making_an_ocean_wave_rig_in_cinema_4d_-_part_1

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 21 February 2012 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-09-26

Thanks Dr. Sassi I did notice and enjoy that Tutorial, However I wonder if there is a more liquid approach? I am horrible at mograph but Im wondering if there is something there Boole like that can be done???

Thanks for your continued help!

Ben

Posted: 21 February 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Ben,

There is certainly more, but not to my knowledge that would fit the term more “fluid”.

Water simulation is a complex field. I believe that the suggested method was one of the more simple ones.
I exclude any wave (displacement) stuff here, as you wrote about “breaking up wave”.
Where I believe is at least Thinking Particles needed, if nothing else is used.
Some will suggest RealFlow, but well, how much time do you have?

If you like something closer like “ready to use”, you might check http://www.add-the-sea.de/eng/
But I haven’t used it since (?) eight years or so, so I’m not familiar with the current options.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.