A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Getting Started in Cinema 4D: 08: Creating Animated Seaweed
Posted: 14 April 2022 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2021-12-07

I’ve tried to get the seaweed to loop exactly how it’s depicted in the video, and yet it does not loop. I have not changed the number of frames from the default 90F. I even made the frequency 10/3 (3.333).

Please advise.

Posted: 14 April 2022 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi christeen.clark,

Is the Turbulence set to zero?
Do you mind sharing your file? Just a copy of the file with the two elements in it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 April 2022 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2021-12-07

Actually, setting turbulence to zero did the trick. I must of missed that part. From what the help section says, it sounds like they use values and are always added on top of, making it impossible to loop unless it’s set to zero:

Turbulence -
This setting adds secondary waves in the X direction, with amplitude in the +Z direction. In addition, Turbulence adds a wave in the Y direction, with amplitude in the +Z direction. The percentage defines the size of these secondary waves relative to the main waves.

If you have anything further to add, I’m happy to hear it, otherwise, I’d consider this issue resolved with my gratitude.

Posted: 16 April 2022 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi christeen.clark,

There are a few options to create looping animations. To name two, it would be the Point Cache or, with some extra work, the Animation/Motion Clip system.

Another option is to use the Pose Morph and animate accordingly with the sliders.

Have a great weekend

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]