A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Is there an easy way to set up cc3 characters blend shapes with moves by Maxon blend shapes?
Posted: 26 January 2022 09:22 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2020-05-12

I made a xpresso setup that mapped the names to the correct blend shapes of my cc3 characters face to the Moves by Maxon facial capture blendshapes. But when I tried loading it to a nother model, it was just empty…is there a way to better solve this? I don’t want to manually remap 52 blendshapes every time for every character😄

Posted: 26 January 2022 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi aedan.d,

The idea of expressions with Moves By Maxon is to provide the recorded “parts of the face” when those parts move, leading to combinations of one or several to the representation of expressions. Single Blend Shapes are not full expressions. For non Moves by Maxon meshes, this per PoseMorph Pose has to be created newly, while it can then use the recorded information when those parts move.

When and how long these parts are moved is typically available (thinking about our last forum thread between us), but the expression for your Character Creator 3 (CC3) needs to be created on your side after identifying what each Moves By Maxon moves in the provided mesh.

In detail, the list in PoseMorph needs to be populated with the point movements for your mesh.

Some ideas were discussed here:
https://www.cineversity.com/forums/viewthread/3961/

PoseMorph works here on a point position level. This requires a 100% match of the points and their ID number. I have no experience with CC3 nor have a file here at all.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 26 January 2022 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2020-05-12

I meant blendshapes actually…(don’t know if they maybe even are the same thing), but my question was if it is possible to remap blendshapes % recordings (how much the blendshape is active) to the bkendshapes in cc3. The only problem is that they are called differently, all 52 of the Apple ARKit shapes are available for cc3 characters, they are just called differently.

Posted: 26 January 2022 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Good question, aedan.d.

Since they are XPresso based (I assume the CC3 is!), you could create an internally wired X-Group to connect names from CC3 to Moves By Maxon. This would then be saved as XPresso preset and called up whenever needed.

There was an XPresso Maker in the past, and I started doing that for the ROKOKO suit, but then the development stopped updating this XPresso Maker. It worked with some hacks, but I haven’t shared it since I needed workarounds.

The Python for that is explained here:
https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/xpressomaker/xpresso_maker_intro_getting_the_xpresso_tag

But it is Python 2.x, so it needs to be run eventually through a 2 to 3 converter; those are available on the web.

All the best

The image shows Input A and B on the output side! Just to match the needed names, it just helps the XPresso maker to “see” the right none.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 27 January 2022 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2020-05-12

That is now finally my problem. I map the 52 blendshapes via xpresso, but for some reason when I load it onto a different model, all the xpresso is empty…like the connector lines or what you call them are there, just they are connecting empties with empties….I am not currently at home but I can share some screenshots later to further clarify the problem.
All the best

Posted: 27 January 2022 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi aedan.d,

If the object is the same, please drag the object from the Object Manager into the specific Node inside XPresso. Any luck? Sorry, I have no idea about your setup, hence the guessing game, which I usually try to avoid here.
Alternatively, click on the Node check the Attribute Manager> Reference. That field needs an object that is the same as the one connected before.

Fingers crossed, that works for you.

Cheers

Signature 

NEW: