A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Toon Rig Animation
Posted: 24 January 2022 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2015-09-17

I have added a Toon Rig in R25 to one of my characters and I am loving the overall set up and control…  but, when I go to animate, I fear I am lost as to what type of workflow to use and how to go about it.

I do a lot of animation in C4D for motion and environment design, but that tends to be mostly camera work and a simpler keyframe workflow so have very little experience with the 3D animation pipeline specifically for characters, and specifically in C4D (post R23).

I am making some short performance based animations relying on my old school skills from drawn animation so its more of a technical walk through so I can avoid things like setting up a really great toon rig, then finding out I can’t use it with mocap… argh.

There are lots and lots of tools, pose tags, pose libraries, mocap libraries, dope sheet tools etc. but I can’t find any kind of best practices and basic workflow tutorials for these tools when used together for an animated character scene. Is there a good (and post R23) place to start?