A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

textures blurry in render
Posted: 20 January 2022 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2022-01-10

Hey there!
I’ve come across the following issue:

I try to model a lead metal sheet and used the asset browser “lead metal sculpture” material on the small object (13x9cm). It looks okay in viewport but when rendering the texture gets extremely blurry and I have no chance finding out why.

I’ve added the file reduced to the problem and a rendering.

File Attachments
blurry render 3.zip  (File Size: 1165KB - Downloads: 72)

Posted: 20 January 2022 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi r11911177,

I first went with the term “Lead”, which is typically dull and dark for me.

Several things need to be known to not use the editor view as anything else than a preview quality.

In the Editor view, use the Option to see Noises in HQ. Can you see the change?

Noise shaders produce a little 2D preview “image”, which is created for responsiveness and not to create a real-time full quality preview.
When the rendering starts, the actual noise space is evaluated and applied. This material has many stacked Noise Shaders.

Size matters, as you can apply this material to a standard sphere with no further change and get a closer idea about it. So the noise scale and space are critical.

Take a look here:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/iuC30UcA1vVMeWQp7lHeAtqSTbngahsn1nwKp971Ez0
Two scenes but one time, I scaled your object up, and then after the material was applied, scaled on a parent level down. Also, since there are many noises, I only roughly scaled all down, as the target here was to showcase scale.

The light source is essential; switch the light on and off in each scene. The Optional “working light” is off when Global Illumination is on in R25. This light contributes to the specular effect.

The Environment images used in the preview is typically different from the image used on the Sky object (Which can be overwritten in the

Attribute Manager> View Settings> Effects> Refections> environment Overwrites.

An image with little contrast, like an over-casted or just blue sky, will not deliver excellent support for a crumpled” surface.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]