A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Corrupt Xref files ?
Posted: 03 February 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-05-26

We are working with R13 and have the most recent update.  That said I keep having numerous corrupt file issues when I go to render. I have characters retargeted to mocap files and there is something about them that causes lots of problems. The scene files will save ok and its only when you render do you get a “your file is corrupt”

This is a shooting in the dark general question I realize but wondering if anyone has had simular issues and or has any thoughts.

Posted: 03 February 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Cam,

This is certainly not nice. To find out what leads to this—please contact the Support.

Have a great weekend

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 06 February 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

If your scene file was saved with Xrefs prior to 13.051, sometimes there’s some corruption after upgrading to 13.051. Xrefs were tweaked significantly in 13.051 for added stability, but unfortunately the data doesn’t always transfer correctly and sometimes the master scene become corrupt.

In this case, your best bet is to save the master as a new file, create new Xref objects for each referenced file and transfer them to the appropriate locations (you can use the transfer tool for this), and delete the original referenced objects.

Posted: 06 February 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-05-26

thanks for the help !!!