A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

looping particles
Posted: 03 February 2012 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-07-19

I need to create a 60 second loopable ‘falling confetti” background. I am hoping to create a 5 or 10 second and loop that to reach 60 seconds.

Is this possible in TP (I am a beginner at TP) or with the emitter? I appreciate your help!

Posted: 03 February 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi CW,

You can use the PGroup or the Standard Emitter to feed the Object option in a Cloner Object (MoGraph).
Then use a MoGraph Cache tag and bake on a sequence. Then loop this with the cache options. You might consider to set up several of them to overlap—time wise.

A loop option in Thinking Particles is not natively given.

I would create three or four very short, but complete sequences. (Complete: From emitting to hitting the ground) Then render these and compose them in After Effects on top of each other in a nice random mix.

60 seconds for a confetti rain sounds not a lot of rendering (confetti as I understand it, may have no reflection nor refraction, so it is fast)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.