A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Creating a MoGraph Sports Intro Animatic: Project File Setup
Posted: 24 October 2021 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-24

What renderer should I use instead of Hardware (which isn’t available) in R22. I have:

Standard
Physical
Viewport Renderer
ProRender

Thanks.

Posted: 24 October 2021 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi inthecue,

This series is more about scene setup and how to get established, hence the term Animatic: Anything that allows for fast feedback about perspective and motion. In other words, the idea is here anything but the rendering.

The fastest feedback in R22 is certainly given with the Viewport Render. It is not aesthetically pleasing, but again, the point is to have the concept set in motion and edit it, which is pretty much what one needs to get approval from the art director or an OK from the client to spend more time on it.

The Standard render comes in second for this target, while I completely exclude the ProRender here, which is no longer part of the current version. So don’t waste time on that. The Standard render might be a good fit here with the Render Settings> Effects> Cell Render.

If you like to spend time learning a render engine, I suggest going with the Redshift3D option, as that is the way to go when you just start. The Physical render is nice, but as I mentioned, not a good fit for this concept training.

Enjoy.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]