A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Baking Mograph
Posted: 30 January 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-07-10

I use the plain effector a bunch to animate text as we’ve seen in many tutorials. I have a render farm though, and I always take my mograph text and “make editable” so that I don’t have to deal with font issues across the many computers.  Only problem is, when I do this, I lose my text effects with the plain effector. What can I do to make the text editable, but also retain my plain effector animation?  Is there some kind of baking I can do?

Posted: 30 January 2012 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi davelarson,

Create your text and make it editable. Test the effects you like to have with a Fracture Object, and the Plain Effector.

You might check (in both cases) to work with the MoGraph Cache. (Object Manager>Tags>MoGraph Tags>MoGraph Cache)

I will discuss a similar theme in an upcoming course of mine more in detail.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 17 February 2012 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-07-10

Dr. Sassi,
I ‘m following your instructions, and the only way I can figure how to get the individual letters to animate is to select “Explode and Connect” within the object tab on the Fracture Object. When I do this, it rounds-out my text making it balloon-like. I’m using a logo from Illustrator, and not using Mo Text in this new job….

Posted: 18 February 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi davelarson,

In the example above I have letter by letter under the Fracture Object. If you follow my instructions, the Explode and Connect option wouldn’t be needed.

If you use “Explode and Connect” the content under an Fracture Object, the Information for the Phong tag is changed, as the Fracture Object create a complete new geometry. In that way, the geometry is taken as one object and not as a combination out of many. In that way everything becomes smooth.

AS you do all of that only for the Net Rendering, as you mentioned above, you have to create your Letter Objects as you need them. You might suggest to MAXON, that they integrate an option to have a Phong Break where objects where not connected before. Something like that. For the time being with out that, single letters as shown above… or install the font on each render machine, but so far I know, that shouldn’t be needed anymore since quite a while. If you encounter problems with that, please contact the MAXON support.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.