A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cluster Bug
Posted: 26 January 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2006-06-20

Anyone having trouble using clusters?  I created some foldable book covers with Clusters a few days back.  I followed the Cineversity Tutorial.  It worked fine for days.

Suddenly when ever I hit the “Enable Axis Modification” the cluster goes crazy and my geometry goes all over the place.

So I started from scratch.  Now anytime I use the cluster everything goes wacky.

I jsut downloaded the latest version of 13 and the problem continues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

TAK

File Attachments
CLUSTER PROBLEM.c4d.zip  (File Size: 133KB - Downloads: 232)
 Signature 

“Nothing is Easy”
     ————Jethro Tull

Posted: 27 January 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

I think what you have encountered could just be a bug.
Your best option is to contact tech. support: http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

Even though I can not explain why it is happening, there is some sense to it.
It seems that when you enable the Axis Modification tool it sets an offset in the “offset” section of the cluster tag.
since you scaled the nutri-booklet null this is compensated for in the “offset” section…but since the actual scale does not change on the null, just on the cluster, the page gets really big.

I’ll get Bret on this one to see if he knows a work around…although I think he might just say to use joints.