A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

FYI Only - Users Please Submit Support Tickets
Posted: 10 September 2021 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2018-08-27

I was having a Cinema 4D problem and through some testing working with Dr. Sassi, I found what looked like was the actual source of the problem, in an unlikely place. Dr. Sassi encouraged me to submit a Support Ticket which is the mechanism to get user found problems addressed by the Maxon software development team. I wrote Dr. Sassi suggestion off thinking being only a simple Cinema 4D hobbyist user, the root problem was due to my lack of experience and the professional users would have found this years ago. Dr. Sassi convinced me the importants (to everyone) to do my part by submitting the ticket. So I did, with a simple example project demonstrating how the problem could be turned on and off.

I received an email today informing me that both the support team and the software development team were able to confirm it was a bug in Cinema 4D and they were working to resolve it.

The moral of this posting is, as users we have an obligation to spend the time to submit tickets to Maxon if we feel we are having a problem with Cinema 4D so if the problem is with Cinema 4D, all users benefit from the resulting fix!

Bruce Kingsley

Posted: 10 September 2021 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thank you very much, Bruce Kingsley!

Yes, the more Maxon knows what is needed and wanted, the better the internal priorities are set; that is my observation over the past 15 years.

On which level one uses the application is not our judgment. We have a passion for all levels of use. … and as Paul Babb, back then CEO of Maxon US, told me in our first meeting in 2006, you never know what development a single artist will have (wise words: looking at Beeble now!), we treat everyone equally. This has stuck with me and is my guide to this day as well.

I hope my contribution shows this philosophy as well. I have a passion for anyone’s ideas and work here. I’m really happy with what you have expressed above. Thank you!

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]