A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Getting Started with Cinema 4D - Spline Line Differences Between Tutorial Video and My Project
Posted: 30 August 2021 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2021-08-26

Good morning!

I’m new to cinematic 4d and decided I would dive into the “Getting Started with Cinema 4D” tutorial video.

When creating spline lines for the fish bowl under the Lathe, I seem to get many lines instead of the singular line that the instructor is getting in the video. Is this due to the version of cinematic 4d since the video was created or do I have a option selected that I should not be using?

Also, is there a reference guide to view some of the option changes from the old version of cinematic 4d to the new? When running through the cap and rounding part of the tutorial for the fins, I noticed the options were not longer available that the instructor used from the old version.

Thank you,

Joseph Vionito

Posted: 30 August 2021 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Joseph Vionito,

Please use only the Help button below the tutorial to open a new thread in the tutorial forum. As well–do not change the headline. I have moved it to the Q&A forum. With your headline, it is not clear in which part this question might come up. Hence I moved it to the Q&A.

The help content shows what is new in the current version, but feature and function change information since R20 is unavailable. 

Take the spline pen and click and drag, then click and drag again, etc. Do not press any other key while doing that. Is this working? This process hasn’t changed since R20.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]