A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

NAB 2010 Rewind: Greyscale Gorilla - Nick Campbell
Posted: 18 January 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-14

Im trying this tutorial in release 13.
In particular the Cherry 7up tutorial.
I can get the cherries to fly over to the text spline using the spline effector. But when i add a rigid body tag to the cherries they don’t collide with each other. They simply pass through one another which doesn’t give the desired effect.

Can anyone HELP?

Posted: 18 January 2012 07:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

In the Collision tab of the Rigid Body Tag, make sure Individual Elements is set to All.
In the Force tab, Follow Position should have a positive value.
In the Dynamics tab, make sure Dynamic is On.

I’m guessing it’s the first one - the behavior changed with R12. In R11.5 Individual Elements always defaulted to All because Dynamics could only be used with MoGraph objects. In R12 Studio, Dynamics can work with any object, so the default was changed to Off.

Posted: 19 January 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-14

Thanks for the super fast reply.  :0)

It seems that in Release 12 which Nick was working on in the tutorial had a drop down menu called ‘Follow Animation’ in the forces tab which he set to Position only. In release 13 the drop down menu has been removed and replaced with ‘Follow Position’ and Follow Rotation.

As you said increasing the ‘Follow Position’ in the force tab to a number above 0 seems to have made the difference.

They are now interacting with each other happily
Thanks