A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

knife problems
Posted: 18 January 2012 01:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-11-29

this may seem like a basic question but when i am using the knife tool it makes unwanted cuts.. i have attached two images. the first is where i want the cuts to be, and is indicated by two red circles, and the second is the result i end up with anyone have any suggestions?

ed

Posted: 18 January 2012 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi there,

As you posted in the “Tutorial” section I assume that you have seen the Knife tutorial.

Your Geometry seems to have some very small polygons, but that is not the reason here.

In the moment you have switched off “Create N-Gons” the resulting geometry creates new edges to avoid N-Gons.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 18 January 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2009-11-29

Thank you

Posted: 18 January 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi there,

You’re welcome.

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.