A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Copying Objects
Posted: 21 July 2021 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2021-07-20

Quick Question, I’m going through the tutorials for the submarine object and the tutorial is saying that in C4D to copy an object that you select, hold cntrl and drag out a copy…. whenever I do this, it just moves the original part?

Is there a setting that I might have unchecked stopping this function? Also, when selecting objects, I am using the “live selection” tool… is that correct… (coming from MODO)

Posted: 21 July 2021 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi chris,

Very little information about anything: no version, no OS, no mentioning if you have set up the Command key perhaps, etc.

I’m not sure if sharing a simple file with a single object will show the problem here. So, you don’t see a copy at any time, not even shortly?

If you can attach a scene file (zipped) here, I’m happy to look into it.
I can provide an upload link. (If you use a cloud service, please only DropBox, Amazon, Google, Wetransfer, Apple, or Adobe)

I will look into it.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 21 July 2021 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2021-07-20

I got it figured out… I’m not sure what was going on, I must have had some sort of wrong selection chosen, but its working just fine now, although when it wasn’t working, I would select an object but the orange outline would not appear… so it was just moving that object, now I have the outline and the copy is working

Posted: 21 July 2021 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the update, chris.

If there is at any time this problem again, if possible, save the file and add it here to the thread.

Hopefully, we can solve that secret. If the outline wasn’t there, and you were able to move the object, that means most explanations would not work.

Enjoy

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 21 July 2021 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2021-07-20

outside of typing the information you mentioned above, I don’t see anywhere to “update” my profile with a computer, image, software, etc… am I just missing something?

Posted: 21 July 2021 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi chris,

If you need to change something, please use the Contact Us option (left lower corner).
Sorry for that. I checked in with a Maxon One account and can’t find any apparent options.

All the best

Signature 

NEW: