Sorry to post so so much about the toon rig but I can’t find nice tuts about it and so I’m looking for help where I can…
I already read the topics here about the difficulties to have mocap data applied on the Toon Rig.
What I try to do here, waiting a new rig feature, is to find a solution anyway to use the Mixamo motion capture animations on the Toon Rig.
And what I came up to is to use the Mixamo Control Rig as a step before. It’s the beginning and I have a lot to figure it out before a clean and easy solution.
Here the steps :
- Import mesh from “Toon Rig - Sporty” into Mixamo to use it as character
- Choose an animation and download its FBX
- Open it in C4D, create a new Character and use “Mixamo Control Rig”
- When hitting the tab “Adjust” in the Mixamo Character, the rig auto-fit to the skeleton of the animation.
- Retarget all in the “Retarget Master”
- Select the skinned mesh imported in the tab “Weigh transfer”
-> Now the Mixamo Control Rig move with the animation.
- then, create Parent Constraint between all the major Controllers of the Toon Rig and the Mixamo Control Rig (root, hips, spines, neck, head, hands, feet, ...)
At this stage, I’m able to have the Toon Rig moving accordingly to the mocap data read through the Mixamo Control Rig. There are a lot of problems to correct so I create a Motion System Tag to apply a layer of animation corrections.
The problems I have now :
- the elbow don’t want keyframesç It increments its position each time I hit “set keyframe” (even if it’s the same position I try to keyframe)
- the toe don’t want keyframe either… I need to figure it out.
- It’s a tedious system and it’s only for one animation at the time. Maybe the creation of motion Clip will help me…